Right of withdrawal
At dmLights you can exchange or return a product within 30 days after reception without penalty fee or reason and this according to the right to cancel. This right is only applicable to citizens of the EU. You are not obliged to give a reason for return, though this can be useful for us to improve our service and product range. The costs to return the product are at the client's expenses. Clients in Switzerland and the United Kingdom can also make use of the right of withdrawal. They will be responsible for both return costs and import duties.
Before you return a product, it can be useful to first send your request of return by email. Subsequently we will send you a return document which will normally accelerate the processing when the returned product arrives in our warehouse.
A product in return will only be accepted if it complies to our return conditions. Any deviation from these conditions may cause a refusal of the return:
- The products have to be complete (including all accessories, manuals and documentation).
- Products have to be undamaged and in the original (undamaged) packaging. Products cannot show signs of usage, received products may only be viewed as would happen in a normal store. If you do install or use the products, it means you accept the products.
- When we receive your return document, you have 14 days to deliver us the product(s).
- The right of withdrawal does not apply to tailor-made products for the customer, customization or products that are clearly intended for a specific person. Made-to-measure cables, for example, will not be accepted as returns, but cables with a standard size (e.g. 100 metres) can be returned.
- The right of withdrawal does not apply to products that are used, damaged or incomplete.
- The European right of withdrawal does not apply corporate customers (i.e. customers with a business name and/or VAT number).
Method of withdrawal and return:
Follow the steps below if you wish to withdraw and return your order.
- Inform us with the standard form for withdrawal or by email that you want return your purchased product, and this within 30 days following the day of reception of the ordered product. Be sure to always state your customer number, invoice number and the product(s) you want to return. When we receive your return document, you have 14 days to deliver us the product(s). It is not required to give a reason for return, although this can be useful for us to improve our service and product offer. Click the link below to download the standard form for withdrawal:
Download standard form for withdrawal
- Ship the product(s) at your expenses and risk to the return address you have received:
Elektriciteit Paul De Meutter CV
2220 Heist-Op-Den Berg
If the product(s) goes/go missing or get damaged during return shipment, this will be your responsibility and dmLights cannot be held liable.
In case of a return shipment from outside the European Union: Always use a courier service (e.g. DPD, TNT, …), never use a postal company. If you do use a postal company, you will be held responsible for all customs formalities yourself.
- When we receive the returned product, we will check whether it complies with the conditions of return and inform you of our verdict by mail. If the product complies to our return conditions, we will refund you the full order amount.
Please note: we will only refund the paid price and the shipping costs - if there were any - to deliver the product to you. The shipping costs to return the product are always at your expense.
If the product only slightly deviates from our return policy (i.e. if the product is suitable for resale), the return can be accepted. However, you may be charged impairment charges in this case.
- If the product does not comply to our conditions of return, they remain your property and you have to pick them up within 14 days. If desired, we can return the products at your expense with a transportation company. If the refused return product is still in our warehouse after 14 days, you will be informed by email that the product is no longer our responsibility. From then on we hold the right to charge you storage costs.